Marianne Ryan PT, OCS
Marianne Ryan is frequently interviewed by publications including Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Red Book, Fitness Magazine, Shape Magazine and numerous Internet based magazines. She has been interviewed on many TV and radio shows and was featured in a documentary by the Tribeca Film Institute.
Her international best selling book Baby Bod – Turn Flab to Fab in 12 Weeks Flat is available on Amazon.com
After qualifying from Hunter College, as a physical therapist, Marianne’s past experience includes working in a general hospital along with sports physical therapy centers. For the past 30 years, Marianne’s main focus has been on implementing manual therapy techniques in spinal care, TMJ and total body treatment (including sports injuries). In addition she has extensive experience in treating Prenatal and Postpartum patients with particular emphasis on high-risk pregnancy and postpartum fitness.
Marianne is one of the elite Physical Therapists to have obtained Board Certification as an Orthopedic Certified Specialist and a Diplomate of the American Board of Physical Therapy (APTA) Specialties (less than 5% of all Physical Therapists are Orthopedic Certified Specialists). She is also on the APTA panel of experts for High Risk Pregnancies and a spokesperson for the American Physical Therapy Association Media Corps.
- Physical Therapy, Hunter College, New York, NY
- BS SUNY Oneonta, NY
- Orthopedic Certified Specialist Diplomate, American Board of P.T. Specialties
- Spokesperson American Physical Therapy Association Media Corps
Numerous postgraduate courses in advanced spinal treatment, Women’s Health, TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint Disorder), general orthopedic and sports-related injuries. Including:
- Muscle Energy Techniques
- Adverse Neural Tension
- Manipulative Therapy Techniques
- Women’s Health Treatment (incontinence, pelvic pain, Prenatal and Post Partum, diastasis, osteoporosis, high risk pregnancies)
- Treatment of Temporomandibular Dysfunction
- Functional Integration of the spine and extremities
- Cyrax approach to Orthopedic problems
- Shoulder Pathophysiology, mechanics and treatment (several courses)
- The Patella (Grelsamer and McConnel)
- Several advanced level Manual Therapy courses
- Lumbar instability and Pelvic Floor Integration in core strengthening.
- Functional Analysis and Management of the Lumbo-Pelvic-Hip Complex
- Muscle imbalance (upper/lower quarter and trunk)
- Spinal Stabilization (Cervical/Lumbar)
- Myofascial release and Neuromuscular Therapy
- Strain and Counterstrain
- McKenzie, Pilates and Alexander Techniques
- McConnel taping (lower extremities, shoulder and spine)
- Hypopressive Method
- Several Sports Medicine and podiatric seminars
Marianne is available for interviews in print, radio and TV on several topics including Women’s Health. Pelvic Physical Therapy, Physical Therapy treatment for pregnant and postpartum clients, TMJ and headaches, back and neck pain.
Professional Accreditation & Memberships
- New York State Physical Therapy License
- APTA (Orthopaedic, Women’s Health and Sports Sections)
- APTA Women’s Health Section High-Risk Pregnancy Panel of Experts
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists (AAOMPT)
- American Back Society – Board member: Spinal Rehabilitation
- Northeast Craniomandibular Society
- National Vulvodynia Association
- Interstitial Cystitis Association
- American Pain Foundation
Past Instructor, New York University Division of Basic Sciences (Oral Medicine and Pathology)
Baby Bod® Turn Flab to Fab in 12 Weeks Flat
Let BabyBod® get you into the best shape for delivery and then get your sexy back on as a mom! This revolutionary program, tested on over 100 women, will give you phenomenal results, even if it’s been years since you had your last child. It’s the first program ever to bridge the gap between medical care and the special fitness needs of women like you. If you want to rock pregnancy and beyond, make BabyBod® your new BFF!
Now available on Amazon.com
“The MRPT CORE SOLUTION!” – March 2004
A combination of several exercise approaches including the Alexander technique, Pilates and recent research from Australia and Canada on Core Stabilization exercises.