APTA New Jersey Lecture
Marianne Ryan was recently invited by the American Physical Therapy Association of New Jersey to lecture on the subject of Non-invasive Physical Therapy Treatment of Pregnant and Postpartum Clients
The course addresses the subject of take the fear out of treating pregnant women and learn how physical therapy can help in postpartum recovery. Learn how to expand your practice and offer evidenced based treatment options for pregnant and postpartum women without using internal pelvic evaluations or treatment.
This course will help the general orthopedic physical therapists and therapists who specialize in women’s health to expand their treatment tool box and feel confident in treating conditions related to pregnancy and postpartum recovery.
Some of the conditions that will be discussed are lower back and pelvic pain, diastasis recti, public symphysis syndrome, thoracic pain and incontinence.
Treatment guidelines will include pain relief, birthing preparation and a detailed postpartum treatment protocol. Participants will also learn some exercise guidelines for both pregnant and postpartum women.
At the completion of this course the participant will be able to:
1) Recognize some biomechanical and physiological changes that occur to pregnant and postpartum women
2) Identify and classify some common biomechanical disorders that occur in pregnant and postpartum women
3) Understand the indications and contraindications involved with treating pregnant and postpartum women
4) Use some non-invasive treatment options for pregnant and postpartum women
5) Recognize different treatment protocols that are normally over look by the current medical model for both pregnant and postpartum women (pain relief, birthing preparation, and two phases of postpartum care)
2 CEs pending approval
Full Details of the course are here
MARIANNE RYAN PT, OCS is an award-winning author, physical therapist and board-certified orthopedic clinical specialist with more than 30 years’ experience treating prenatal and postpartum women. She is the owner and Clinical Director of Marianne Ryan Physical Therapy in New York City and the creator of the groundbreaking DIY “Baby Bod” program, which is the first of its kind to bridge the gap between medical care and fitness advice. As a leading women’s health expert (and a mom), Marianne is passionate about helping women reclaim their changed bodies, whether they are pregnant, recently took part in the joy of birth or are experiencing the “joy” of menopause. Watch her TEDX video, “What Your Momma Never Told You About Childbirth” at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zyv5Inj_lE&.