To better prepare for labor, we offer a birthing preparation program ideal for the few months before you deliver. We have found that getting mothers prepared for the physical rigors of childbirth best prepares them for an optimal birthing experience.
We use various techniques such as
- Manual Therapy to your pelvis, spine and coccyx to achieve the most favorable boney alignment to enhance pelvic mobility during labor.
- Soft Tissue Release to the muscles in the pelvis, hips and back to reduce muscle spasms that can interfere with a quicker delivery. Some of the very safe techniques we use include Strain-Counterstrain, Myofascial Release and Trigger Point Release.
- Diaphragmatic Release of both the breathing muscle and the pelvic diaphragm to ensure optimal functioning during labor.
- Biofeedback is used to help find the best birthing positions for your delivery. Biofeedback sensors are placed on your pelvic floor and your therapist will be able to show you the positions where your pelvic floor is more relaxed, and this will determine the best position to deliver your baby. Some women are surprised that side lying or even standing might be the best childbirth positions after biofeedback analysis.
Along with birthing preparation, we also teach you what you should do during the first few weeks after delivery. Most women are told not to do any exercises and are given very little advice.
We will give you some suggestions on what you should be doing the first 6 weeks after delivery.
You will also learn
- What to include in your hospital overnight bag
- A few easy exercises that will put you a step ahead of other mothers who are told not to exercise for the first 6 weeks postpartum.
- You will be given some tips on how to prevent injuries during those delicate few weeks after delivery.
A good physical therapy program can prevent many complications related to pregnancy and delivery.
At Marianne Ryan Physical Therapy we have been serving the community for over 30 years. We are specialists in the treatment of Women’s Heath, Prenatal and Postpartum, TMJ, Headaches and Orthopedic conditions such as Back, Neck and Shoulder Pain, Hip and Pelvis Pain and Knee, Foot and Ankle Pain.
We offer a concierge service where you will be seen on time, in private treatment rooms by a highly experienced Physical Therapist who fully understands and knows how to treat your particular condition.
We only see 1 patient at a time and each treatment session lasts about 60 minutes. So you will get the Physical Therapy treatment and attention you deserve.
Looking for a Physical Therapist near me? We are conveniently located close to Grand Central Station.