Marianne Ryan Physical Therapy is located on the Upper West Side at 155 West 72nd Street, close to the 1, 2 and 3 Subway.
We are specialists in the Physical Therapy treatment of Women’s Health, Pelvic Pain, Prenatal and Postpartum, Blocked Milk Ducts, TMJ and Headaches.
A Focus on Women’s Health
Do you sometimes feel like modern medicine doesn’t “get it” when it comes to women’s health? It’s not just you. Women’s unique biology and physiology can contribute to a wide range of symptoms from menses through menopause. And while joyful, the demands of pregnancy and parenting can make matters worse. You don’t have to “just live with” chronic complaints. Our individualized treatment plans and internationally proven practices correct causes before they’re conditions.
We offer a concierge service where you will be seen on time, in private treatment rooms by a highly experienced Physical Therapist who fully understands and knows how to treat your particular condition.
We only see 1 patient at a time and each treatment session lasts about 60 minutes. So you will get the treatment and attention you deserve.
Personalized Treatment Designed Exclusively for You
Whether you come to us with a sports injury, TMJ problem, persistent back pain, or are pregnant and just want to feel better, we will design a program that is specifically for you and your needs.
- Total Privacy- This is not a gym. Instead we think of our office as a physical therapy spa where our clients’ comfort and privacy is completely respected.
- Highly Experienced and Competent - Our staff is culled from the top physical therapists in NYC, each with a list of specific specialties and skills that enable use to match you to the right therapist.
- A Deep Relationship with Patients - We look at the whole person (not just a knee, an arm or a back) to discover the “underlying” reasons for your pain; not just a Band-Aid for your pain.
We Treat the Cause of your Pain or Dysfunction
As with any structure, small musculoskeletal misalignments can lead to big problems down the road, with injuries, medical conditions and the stresses of daily life providing fertile ground for pain to root and grow. Drugs treat symptoms. We treat causes. We work with you 1-on-1 to diagnose, repair and rehabilitate the underlying causes of pain, drawing from a wide range of treatment modalities to promote long-term healing, strength and flexibility.
Why choose Marianne Ryan Physical Therapy?
- Our laser focus on pregnancy and women’s health
- Expertise, experience and thought leadership
- Our clinical director, Marianne Ryan, has been practicing for more than 30 years and is a recognized expert in her field.
- Our physical therapists are hand-selected for their experience, credentials, talent and commitment to our hands-on approach to healing.
- Individual treatment plans focused on your unique physiology and the root cause of your dysfuction.
- Our private, state of-the-art treatment facility – conveniently located in midtown Manhattan close to Grand Central in zip code 10017.
About Marianne Ryan PT, OCS
Owner and Clinical Director
Our founder and director, Marianne Ryan PT, OCS has achieved the highest level of advanced orthopedic manual therapy techniques. She is a thought leader in the field, known for her special knowledge in the areas of Prenatal and Postpartum physical therapy and TMJ. A frequent lecturer and source for national media, her current book project, Baby Bod®, is available on Amazon.com.
Marianne Ryan is frequently interviewed by publications including Wall Street Journal, NY1, USA Today, Red Book, Fitness Magazine, Shape Magazine and numerous Internet based magazines. She has been interviewed on many TV and radio shows and was featured in a documentary by the Tribeca Film Institute.
Her international best selling book Baby Bod – Turn Flab to Fab in 12 Weeks Flat is available on Amazon.com
After qualifying from Hunter College, as a physical therapist, Marianne’s past experience includes working in a general hospital along with sports physical therapy centers. For the past 30 years, Marianne’s main focus has been on implementing manual therapy techniques in spinal care, TMJ and total body treatment (including sports injuries). In addition she has extensive experience in treating Prenatal and Postpartum patients with particular emphasis on high-risk pregnancy and postpartum fitness.
Marianne is one of the elite Physical Therapists to have obtained Board Certification as an Orthopedic Certified Specialist and a Diplomate of the American Board of Physical Therapy (APTA) Specialties (less than 5% of all Physical Therapists are Orthopedic Certified Specialists). She is also on the APTA panel of experts for High Risk Pregnancies and a spokesperson for the American Physical Therapy Association Media Corps.
- Physical Therapy, Hunter College, New York, NY
- BS SUNY Oneonta, NY
- Orthopedic Certified Specialist Diplomate, American Board of P.T. Specialties
- Spokesperson American Physical Therapy Association Media Corps